Experienced Warwick team get going with European distressed/special sits credit fund
Tue Feb 22, 2011
Veteran credit and distressed duo Burgess and Mattera take a dynamic and opportunistic approach to the changing credit and economic cycle
Warwick Capital Partners, the London-based manager specialising
in European distressed and special situation credit investments
led by ex-Polygon duo Ian Burgess and Alfredo Mattera, is now
fully up and running six months after launching its flagship
hedge fund – with assets already at $200 million and
inflows continuing at a steady rate.
Alfredo Mattera and Ian Burgess
Burgess and Mattera are old hands in the European credit
business, who have been investing in the space for 16 and 13
years respectively and have built up long and relatively rare
experience of managing European credit portfolios throughout
the economic cycle.
Before forming Warwick last year the co-CIOs and founding
partners had been jointly responsible for the distressed and
special situations credit business at Polygon – which
at its peak had several billion dollars invested and an
investment team of 10 people.
Burgess previously spent five years as the European head of
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager