Building the team
Wed Feb 23, 2011
How hard is it to hire good talent in Asia?
Aradhna Dayal: How critical is hiring,
especially as your assets scale up? How easy or difficult is it
to hire good talent in Asia when you’re building
out an institutional-grade hedge fund platform?
Jeff Levy: Hiring is crucial, and the
talent is generally available in Asia. The key is having the
ability to evaluate the talent [and] to match that person to
the challenge. That requires foresight, either as a function of
pure genius or being a function of experience, knowing what
that role is going to encompass, and if the person can rise up
to the challenge.
Chris Nash: The whole identification of a talent pool, and
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager