Regulation – coping with a changing landscape
Wed Feb 23, 2011
How are funds adapting to the new regulatory norms?
Aradhna Dayal: Moving on to regulation
and how changing regulatory policies globally are re-defining
the way hedge fund businesses are being run, how are you
adapting to the new regulatory norms, both in the countries
that you invest/operate in, and where you distribute your
Brian Pohli: In the regulatory environment,
the goalposts seem to move almost every day. And if you spent
all your time reading EU directives, you would not [be able to]
do anything else. The one thing about Hong Kong is that the
regulatory regime has been stable, whereas in the US and
Europe, there is considerable change.
Do you have to be informed about the regulatory changes?
Absolutely. Do you have to be inundated with it? No, because
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager