New UCITS hedge funds attract $9.5 billion of assets in 2010
Wed Feb 23, 2011
Globally, new UCITS hedge funds showed significant growth both in terms of numbers launched and in assets raised during 2010. Last year may mark the year that the fledgling sector began to come of age. Joy Dunbar, editor of Absolute UCITS, reviews the only annual new fund survey for the UCITS hedge sector.
Optimism underpins the global UCITS hedge industry with $9.5
billion raised from 129 new fund launches last year, according
to the first Absolute UCITS annual new fund survey.
This is almost a doubling of the assets raised and funds
launched in 2009, when sister publication EuroHedge first began
tracking the sector. That year there were 65 new fund launches
with combined assets under management of $5.7 billion.
The UCITS hedge industry is still in its infancy and appears
to be developing at a similar pace to the European hedge fund
industry in its formative years about a decade ago.
This is one of the key findings from the annual survey of the
new UCITS hedge fund launches conducted by the Absolute UCITS
research and data team.
Back in 2002, around 180 new funds European hedge funds were
launched raising combined assets of close...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager