Shumway to return investor capital in cash by March 31
By Katrina Dean Allen
Thu Feb 24, 2011
The firm is selling its illiquid investments, including a small stake in Facebook.
Shumway Capital Partners notified investors today that it
will return their capital in cash by the end of March. Despite
telling investors earlier this month of his decision to return
outside capital, Chris Shumway did not let them know when or
how their investments would be redeemed, fearing that
competitors could profit from this information.
The announcement should alleviate concerns that the
firm’s long-term private investments...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
By registering you will receive
- A monthly newsletter on your specified areas of interest
- A fortnightly update on the sector
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager