NewSmith chooses UCITS
Tue Mar 8, 2011
NewSmith Asset Management decided to launch its global long/short equity hedge fund using the UCITS structure because it offers investors increased transparency, liquidity and a high level of regulatory oversight.
NewSmith Global Absolute Return Fund launched in September
2010. It is one of four sub funds under an Irish-domiciled
umbrella, which includes a long-only version of the global
long/short equities fund and an emerging markets UCITS hedge
It targets a return of 12% to 14% net of all fees. The fund is
up 6.5% in the first six months since launch.
London-based Simon Roberts, portfolio manager for
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager