AIFMD may hamper UCITS hedge fund growth, say consultants
Tue Mar 8, 2011
Hedge fund managers may not launch UCITS hedge funds because of increased clarity from Brussels surrounding the Alternative Investment Fund Managers Directive, according to research from consultants Cerulli Associates.
Some hedge fund managers are having second thoughts about
launching so-called Newcits because the AIFMD looks less scary
than it once did and the potential for UCITS looks "overblown",
according to Cerulli research.
The uncertainly surrounding how draconian the European
directive may be has resulted in hedge fund mangers considering
UCITS as an alternative going forward.
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
By registering you will receive
- A monthly newsletter on your specified areas of interest
- A fortnightly update on the sector
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager