Financials specialist Algebris targets bank ‘coco’ market
Thu Mar 24, 2011
Algebris Investments, the $1.2 billion specialist global
financials investment firm led by Eric Halet and Davide Serra,
is rolling out its new Algebris Financial CoCo Fund to invest
solely in contingent convertibles (cocos) – the new
hybrid instrument that is designed to strengthen
banks’ capital structures and prevent a repeat of
the 2008 banking crisis.
The launch of the fund comes at a time when opinion appears
to be polarising sharply among senior bankers, regulators,
investors and financial sector analysts as to the pros and cons
of the coco instrument.
Just in the last few days, Credit Suisse attracted more than
$20 billion of demand for its debut $2 billion...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager