Dutch-based sustainability investor Roodhals expands horizons with Branta Solutions fund
Thu Mar 24, 2011
Amsterdam-based multi-strategy fund is delivering results from five sustainability themes: agriculture/food, renewable energy, engineering, resource inflation and materials/products
Roodhals Capital, the Amsterdam-based firm founded by Willem
Appel and Cor Timmermans, has notched up a healthy 18-month
track record for its sustainability-focused hedge fund, the
Branta Solutions Fund, since launching in mid-2009.
Cor Timmermans and Willem Appel
Now the firm is in expansion mode, seeking to grow its
€30 million asset base to beyond the €100 million
mark this year, and has set up a satellite office in London to
help with reaching out to the UK institutional market.
Roodhals launched with a €25 million seeding from
IMQubator Investment Management, the platform set up by CEO
Jeroen Tielman and working group Holland Financial Centre, and
backed with seed capital from Dutch pension giant APG.
CEO Appel and CIO Timmermans relocated their firm to
Amsterdam from London as part of the arrangement – one
of IMQubator’s goals is to support and expand the
Dutch asset management industry – and Branta
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager