Ex-TCI founder Degorce’s Theleme heads for $1.2bn soft-close level after a robust start
Thu Mar 24, 2011
Patrick Degorce and his colleagues have had a successful first year, with performance and asset-raising both in line with target after 15 months
TCI co-founder Patrick Degorce has produced a strong start with
his new Theleme Partners firm – with assets in the
global long/short equity fund heading towards the soft-close
level of $1.2 billion and with performance so far also bang in
line with target after 15 months.
The Theleme fund has a permanent hard-cap level for external
capital of $2 billion and assets are already at around $900
million. The firm’s principals expect to
soft-close in the next quarter – and the remaining
$800 million of capacity will then be reserved solely for
existing investors to scale up their commitments.
Performance has been sure-footed in a very volatile global
equity environment – with the fund annualising at
around 15% since its inception in December 2009, in line with
its long-term target of 15% net annual returns, earning a
EuroHedge Award nomination for its performance in 2010.
Much of the money...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager