UCITS IV: The challenge and the opportunity
Wed Mar 23, 2011
UCITS IV is creating pportunities and challenges for the
investment fund industry.
Fund mergers, management company passports and the
master-feeder structures are creating greater efficiencies but
on the other hand tax differences between different member
states are also creating challenges.
In the UCITS IV panel session at the Association of the
Luxembourg Fund Industry spring conference panellists discussed
how the directive might change the landscape for the industry.
Speaking on the UCITS IV panel. From left to right: Allan
Pelvang, Marnix Arickx and Jeremy Soutter
UCITS IV: overview
Christophe Wintgens, financial services leader and
partner for Ernst & Young in Luxembourg, told the
conference that the European fund industry has always been
fragmented - with a high number of funds and tax discrepancies
between EU member states making it very different from the US
He said: UCITS IV directive has been seen as a means of
resolving some of these...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
By registering you will receive
- A monthly newsletter on your specified areas of interest
- A fortnightly update on the sector
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager