TPG-Axon offshoot Soroban speeds to $1.1 billion
By Lawrence Delevingne
Wed Apr 6, 2011
Assets have streamed in since November thanks to pedigree and performance.
Soroban Capital Partners, the long/short equity
firm run by former executives of TPG-Axon Capital, is managing
more than $1 billion less than six months after launching.
The firm began trading on November 1 with $130
million, reached $500 million in February, and hit $800 million by
March 1. As of April 1, the firm was managing $1.1 billion.
Soroban’s fundraising success is unusual amid a
still difficult environment for new funds. The 59 new American
hedge funds that started in 2010 and ended the...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
By registering you will receive
- A monthly newsletter on your specified areas of interest
- A fortnightly update on the sector
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager