Asian hedge funds feel the urgency as SEC registration deadline approaches
Thu Apr 7, 2011
Asia-based investment advisers and hedge fund managers that are
required to register with the US Securities and Exchange
Commission (SEC) should start making preparations now to be
able to meet the July 21 deadline imposed by the Dodd-Frank
Act, industry lawyers say.
Daniel Viola, partner at the New York-based law firm, Sadis
& Goldberg, says it is prudent for hedge funds advisers to
file their SEC registration as early as June 1 to ensure that
they have a window of at least 45 days for their registration
to be approved by the SEC.
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager