UCITS wrapper becoming essential, says Wegelin
Tue May 3, 2011
The UCITS wrapper has become essential for investors as it has
become increasingly harder to market offshore hedge funds,
according to Daniel Leveau from Wegelin Asset Management
– which is part of the Swiss private bank.
Daniel Leveau from Wegelin Asset Management
But it is also important to highlight that UCITS hedge
funds are not a holy grail, Leveau adds.
He says: "As some illiquid strategies cannot be implemented
within the UCITS framework so there will always be a place
for offshore vehicles.
"The well known events...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager