Caxton, Carlson and others hit the fundraising trail
By Suzy Kenly Waite
Tue May 10, 2011
Money is flowing again, and brand-name firms are taking advantage by meeting with investors across the country.
For several years, brand-name hedge funds had to court new
investment in a hostile environment. But with investors writing
big tickets again, more funds are lining up to woo them,
including such blue-chip firms as Caxton Associates, Carlson
Capital and Davidson Kempner Capital Management.
Charlie Hannigan, who works in business development at
Caxton, traveled to Chicago in early May to tout the Caxton
Global Investments fund, a macro strategy, and has plans to
meet with investors in Minneapolis on May 17. Last year, Caxton
Global’s performance reached...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
By registering you will receive
- A monthly newsletter on your specified areas of interest
- A fortnightly update on the sector
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager