D.E. Shaw stops the bleeding
By Lawrence Delevingne
Tue May 10, 2011
Lower fees, positive performance, and a more liquid portfolio have helped the firm to stabilize and re-grow assets.
The worst appears to be over for D.E. Shaw.
After a period mediocre performance and billions of dollars
in investor redemptions, the quantitatively focused New York
firm has stabilized its hedge fund assets, according to a
source close to the firm, and managed $15.09 billion as of May
Overall assets, including hedge funds, have stayed between
$19 billion and slightly more than $20 billion since October;
as of May 1, D.E. Shaw managed a...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
By registering you will receive
- A monthly newsletter on your specified areas of interest
- A fortnightly update on the sector
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager