Third Point to close to new investments
By Lawrence Delevingne
Thu May 12, 2011
$7.2 billion is enough, says Dan Loeb.
Dan Loeb’s Third Point is closing to all new
investments following a rapid rise in assets.
According to a letter sent to partners May 11, the hedge
fund firm has reached approximately $7.2 billion in assets, up
from $6.7 billion on just April 8. Third Point’s
first quarter investor letter in April said the firm was
closing to "new relationships," but this appears to go one step
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager