SAC’s Steve Cohen dishes on markets, management and regulation
By Lawrence Delevingne
Thu May 12, 2011
Highlights from a rare public appearance at SALT.
SAC Capital Advisors founder Steve Cohen said he is unhappy
with the media scrutiny his firm has faced in the wake of the
government’s wide-ranging insider trading
investigation, but he is prepared to cooperate with any
government investigations of his firm.Cohen made these comments
during an exceedingly rare public interview yesterday at the
SkyBridge Alternatives Conference in Las Vegas. Cohen talked
about markets, management styles and his future in trading
during a wide-ranging discussion with SkyBridge Capital
managing partner Anthony Scaramucci.Speaking on the same day
that Galleon founder Raj Rajaratnam was found guilty of 14
counts of securities fraud and conspiracy, Cohen said his firm
takes compliance "very seriously as part of the culture."
Although SAC has adamantly denied suggestions that its
activities are anything but above board, at least six of the
roughly three dozen individuals who have been charged with
insider trading are former employees of SAC. Last...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager