Commodities turmoil drops Andy Hall’s Astenbeck 6.41% in May
By Lawrence Delevingne
Mon Jun 6, 2011
The firm remains up for the year and predicts continued volatility.
Andy Hall’s Westport, Conn. Astenbeck Capital
Management was one of many commodity hedge funds hurt in May by
swings in oil, precious metals and grains.
According to an investor, multibillion-dollar Astenbeck lost
6.41% in May, bringing its return for the year to a
"May 2011 will be remembered as one of the more challenging
months for commodities," wrote Hall in June 1 letter to
investors obtained by AR. "Most...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
By registering you will receive
- A monthly newsletter on your specified areas of interest
- A fortnightly update on the sector
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager