Steve Eisman to leave FrontPoint
By Lawrence Delevingne
Wed Jun 8, 2011
The firm has announced which funds will survive, with a conspicuous absence.
Steve Eisman, famed for his prescient short of the subprime
mortgage market, is leaving FrontPoint Partners at the end of
the month and his funds are being liquidated, according to
people familiar with the situation.
A letter sent to FrontPoint investors yesterday said the
firm has been unwinding its funds and will return "a
significant amount of capital" by June 30. The firm wrote that
it will continue to operate the Quant Macro, Strategic...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager