Paulson avoids Sino-Forest questions at Paris confab
By Suzy Kenly Waite
Mon Jun 13, 2011
Investors were left wondering about the firm’s position regarding the embattled Chinese company.
Paulson’s investor event last week was held in
Paris, the City of Light, but his investors were left in the
dark about the firm’s battered stake in
Sino-Forest, the Chinese tree-plantation company that lost
two-thirds of its value in early June after Muddy Waters
Research accused the company of fraud.
At the Paris event, held June 7-8, Paulson faced a flurry of
questions from investors who wanted to know about the
Sino-Forest losses and whether...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
By registering you will receive
- A monthly newsletter on your specified areas of interest
- A fortnightly update on the sector
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager