Ackman considers $3bn fund IPO in quest for permanent capital
By Suzy Kenly Waite
Thu Jun 16, 2011
The activist chief of Pershing Square is mulling how to secure more stable financing.
||Bill Ackman at Ira
Bill Ackman is in discussions with investors about raising
as much as $3 billion from an initial public offering of a new
fund as a way to secure more permanent capital to finance
Pershing Square Capital Management’s activist
The public offering would be for shares in a new hedge fund
that would mirror the firm’s flagship strategy.
Ackman is not planning to take the entire firm public,
according to people familiar with his thinking. In addition to
conversations with investors during the past month, Ackman
outlined his desire for obtaining more stable capital in the
firm's May 25 investor...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager