A hub for macro, commodities, vol, credit and SE Asia funds
Mon Jun 20, 2011
Aradhna Dayal: Over the past few years,
Singapore has emerged not just as a key hedge fund centre in
Asia but also a specialised hub for macro, commodities, credit,
volatility and South-East Asian strategies. How do you think
this market has evolved and how beneficial has it been to your
strategy to be located here?
|Many macro funds seem to be finding a home here
because of the lifestyle that Singapore offers and
because of their need for proximity to China
Danny Yong: We run a macro fund and have
been based here since early 2008. There is no doubt that
Singapore has over the past couple of years established itself
as a base for Asia macro funds.
A majority of macro funds seem to be finding a home here
because of the lifestyle that Singapore offers and also because
their need for proximity to China is perhaps not as...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
By registering you will receive
- A monthly newsletter on your specified areas of interest
- A fortnightly update on the sector
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager