Black Ant rides rollercoaster with equity and credit value approach
Thu Jun 23, 2011
The value investing firm led by ex-Goldman duo Antoine Schwartz and Adam Saron has experienced the full highs and lows of the hedge fund industry over its seven-year life – bouncing back powerfully from the pain and panic of 2008
Black Ant Investment Management, the London-based global equity
and corporate debt value investor led by Goldman Sachs alumni
Antoine Schwartz and Adam Saron, has experienced the full highs
and lows of the dramatic cycle in the hedge fund industry over
the last few years.
|Antoine Schwartz and Adam Saron
Founded in 2004, Black Ant – a play on founder and
CIO Schwartz’s name – celebrates its
seventh anniversary at the end of this month.
"We’ve been through good times, terrible times and
better times again," says Schwartz – in a comment that
describes just as aptly what the industry as a whole has gone
through over the same period.
Before moving into the investment management world, Schwartz
previously spent 15 years at Goldman – running the
investment bank’s European equity capital markets
operation in London before becoming one of the partners
responsible for principal investments, managing the
firm’s global private equity...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
By registering you will receive
- A monthly newsletter on your specified areas of interest
- A fortnightly update on the sector
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager