Duet Commodities racks up returns despite eruption of volatility in May
Thu Jun 23, 2011
Experienced oil and derivatives trader Tony Hall is up 20% this year in a febrile market for commodities, making money in May when many other funds suffered in the rout
With its fundamental-based, absolute alpha approach to
investing in energy and metals, the Duet Commodities Fund has
performed extremely well so far this year, posting a 19.59%
return to the end of May.
This strong performance includes a solid 3.72% gain in May
– when a dramatic reversal in many of the major
commodity prices caused severe problems for a lot of specialist
managers in the commodities space.
The fund is managed by CIO Tony Hall, an experienced energy
trader who previously worked as global head of distillates oil
trading for the Credit Suisse/Glencore joint venture from 2008
to 2010. Before that, he spent many years at Deutsche Bank
– initially as a macro prop trader and then on the
bank’s oil products desk.
Duet Commodities launched in July 2010 as a joint venture
between Duet, the London-based alternative investment group led
by Alain Schibl and Henry...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
By registering you will receive
- A monthly newsletter on your specified areas of interest
- A fortnightly update on the sector
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager