HSBC plans new EM vehicle, discusses strategy on UCITS
Thu Jun 23, 2011
Joy Dunbar, editor of Absolute UCITS, talks about HSBC’s absolute return UCITS range with Charles Robinson from the bank’s asset management division
HSBC Asset Management is planning to launch an absolute
return UCITS fund using an emerging market themed strategy,
according to Charles Robinson from HSBC.
Robinson, head of alternative distribution at London-based
HSBC Global Asset Management, says investors are clamouring for
UCITS-compliant emerging market funds.
Charles Robinson: HSBC Global Asset Management
He says: "We are planning more launches in the absolute return
UCITS range and we hope to launch another fund in the second
half of this year. I am unable to give any specific information
at the moment.
"However, we are devoted to emerging markets in every way,
shape and form – from our regional franchises to our
growing wealth management segments – they symbolise
enormous untapped opportunities.
"In our absolute return range we have a number of emerging
market strategies, including our Cayman-domiciled long/short
Indian hedge fund and a global emerging market equity absolute
return UCITS fund. The new fund will...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
By registering you will receive
- A monthly newsletter on your specified areas of interest
- A fortnightly update on the sector
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager