Texas Teachers to double hedge fund allocation
By Anastasia Donde
Mon Jun 27, 2011
The legislature in Texas passes a bill that will allow the Texas Teachers fund to invest up to $10.9 billion in hedge funds.
Texas Governor Rick Perry signed a bill into law
earlier this month that will allow the Teacher Retirement
System of Texas to double its hedge fund investment limit to
10%. The $109 billion pension is just shy of its previous 5%
limit, with about $4.2 billion invested in hedge funds.
Spokesman Howard Goldman declined to...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
By registering you will receive
- A monthly newsletter on your specified areas of interest
- A fortnightly update on the sector
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager