Merchant House wants to grow asset management division
Mon Jul 4, 2011
AIM-listed Merchant House Group, which includes an absolute
return UCITS platform, is reviewing possible acquisition
opportunities in stockbroking and asset management, according
to executive chairman James Holmes.
In its group results for 2010 announced to the market last
week, Merchant House also announced that the Russian Phoenix
UCITS Fund had been approved by the Central Bank of Ireland at
the end of last year. The fund will go onto the Merchant
Capital platform which is part of the groups asset
The statement adds: A second fund is being prepared for
submission and three more are in advanced discussion. If each
fund is approved and launched with the expected seed capital,
there will be eight funds [on the platform] managing in excess
of $200 million between them.
George Cadbury: Merchant Capital...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager