Institutional firms dominate first-ever Absolute UCITS administration survey
Mon Jul 4, 2011
The absolute return UCITS industry is still fairly new
compared to its offshore cousin, so this first Absolute UCITS
administration survey gives an early snapshot of how market
share is evolving in this emerging industry.
Not surprisingly, given that UCITS is an onshore industry, in
contrast to offshore hedge fund administration where the
biggest player historically has been Citco Fund Services
the survey shows that administration for onshore UCITS funds is
heavily dominated by big global banking and financial
The survey highlights the top two administration firms, by
assets, had similar assets under administration as of the
beginning of 2011 the date on which these figures were
BNY Mellon Alternative Investment Services administers 22
funds with just under $16 billion of combined assets, while RBC
Dexia has 48 funds with $15.2 billion.
Caceis came in third, in terms of assets, administering 32
funds with $11.7...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager