US SEC toughens up on the regulation of hedge funds
Wed Jul 20, 2011
Lawyers are airing fresh warnings that the tougher compliance
requirements imposed on hedge fund managers will increase
operational costs that investors could end up shouldering in a
On June 22, the US Securities and Exchange Commission
adopted the final rules implementing amendments to the
Investment Advisers Act of 1940, which will require Asian hedge
fund managers to register with the SEC.
The deadline for private advisers to register was extended
to 30 March 2012.
The new provisions,...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager