EuroHedge new fund survey – numbers down, but size and quality high
Fri Jul 22, 2011
The numbers of new fund launches in Europe are still way down from pre-crisis levels, but assets are up, the average size is at an all-time high and the quality is higher than ever too
The number of new European hedge fund launches is still
running at historically very low levels, but the average size
of the new funds is at an all-time high and the quality of the
new launches is rising all the time.
That is the central finding of the first-half 2011 new fund
survey conducted by the Euro¬Hedge data and research team
which shows that at least 45 new offshore hedge funds
launched in Europe during the first half of the year, raising a
combined $5.2 billion in assets.
Although the number of new launches is down on the first
half of 2010, when there were 58 new offshore funds, the total
assets figure is almost 40% higher than the $3.8 billion raised
by new funds in the first half of last year. And the average
size of the funds launched so far this year is nearly...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
By registering you will receive
- A monthly newsletter on your specified areas of interest
- A fortnightly update on the sector
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager