‘Retailisation’ of hedge funds prompts review
Mon Jul 25, 2011
The retailisation of hedge funds has promoted
the European Commission to order a review into the sector.
The European Securities and Markets Authority has started
looking into the operation of such funds and the industry
practice following the implementation of UCITS III in order to
identify the possible impact on investor protection and market
integrity, according to a 40-page discussion paper.
It states: UCITS funds started to implement new
strategies which are considered...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager