New fund survey: global absolute return UCITS launches down in numbers, but pulling in more assets
Wed Jul 27, 2011
By Hannah Walsh
Absolute return UCITS fund launches are down but they
are pulling in more assets, according to Absolute UCITS new
fund survey for the first half of 2011.
Assets raised in the first half of this year increased to more
than $3 billion and 58 new funds were launched.
This compares to the second half of last year when 63 funds
were launched with assets under management of $2.6
The most prominent new arrivals came from established
institutional firms, including JP Morgan Highbridge, Pioneer,
BNY Mellon and GLG.
The survey found that there were 18 funds launched using
so-called clone strategies. This is when a hedge
fund that was previously available only in an...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager