Texas $23B pension targets 5% to hedge funds
By Anastasia Donde
Wed Aug 24, 2011
The Texas pension fund for public employees plans to plow $1.15 billion into hedge funds within the next three years.
The $23 billion Employees Retirement System of Texas plans
to allocate 5% of its capital—about $1.15
billion—to hedge funds within the next three
According to the pension plan's annual tactical plan
outline, which was presented to its trustees at a board meeting
yesterday, Texas ERS plans to make $358 million in commitments
in 2012, $500...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager