Distribution: The silver bullet?
Mon Sep 12, 2011
In the first of a two-part series, Joy Dunbar, editor of Absolute UCITS, examines the outlook for absolute return UCITS with independent financial advisers and boutique asset managers.
When UCITS funds first became popular, they were often seen
as a panacea. Some asset managers thought that the UCITS brand
was so strong that when they put their strategy into the
wrapper money would automatically flow into the structure.
However, the reality of pulling assets into the UCITS structure
has been more challenging – especially for traditional
offshore investment managers who are dealing with large numbers
of retail investors for the first time.
Paul Stanfield from FEIFA
Many of the investment strategies currently available in the
absolute return UCITS wrapper have been available to investors
who have had access to funds domiciled on offshore locations
for many years, points out Paul Stanfield, chief executive of
the Federation of European Independent Financial Advisers
– a trade association for English speaking IFA
He says: "Some UK investors do not get access to these
(absolute return) investment strategies because of the...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
By registering you will receive
- A monthly newsletter on your specified areas of interest
- A fortnightly update on the sector
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager