Long/short pioneer Tjia seeks new home as Sharpe and Jainz shut down Ratio European
Thu Sep 22, 2011
Long-standing European equity manager Ton Tjia is looking for a
new platform for his market-neutral strategy following the
decision by Jonathan Sharpe and Ralph Jainz to close down their
five-year-old Ratio European Fund.
One of the pioneers of long/short equity investing in Europe
as co-founder of Olympus Capital back in 1997, Tjia has been
running long/short portfolios for nearly 20 years and has one
of the longest and best track records in the industry,
annualising at more than 10% over 11 years.
He joined up with Ratio in 2010 after a successful
three-year spell with Izzy Englander’s Millennium
Partners to launch the Ratio European...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
By registering you will receive
- A monthly newsletter on your specified areas of interest
- A fortnightly update on the sector
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager