Dashevsky blends event-driven investing with EM expertise
Thu Sep 22, 2011
Steven Dashevsky’s D&P Russian Special Situations is unusual among Russia-focused and emerging market funds in focusing exclusively on special situations and event-driven investing in the region
Dashevsky & Partners, the Moscow-based Russian event-driven
specialist led by former UniCredit Securities and Aton Capital
man Steven Dashevsky, has made good headway since launching its
D&P Russian Special Situations Fund in December 2009.
The fund returned 21.9% in 2010 and is down a modest 2.7%
this year to the end of August – giving an annualised
return since inception of 11.1%. The total return for the MSCI
Russia Index over the fund’s lifetime is 11.8%;
the D&P fund has made 18.6% since inception.
The strategy focuses on event-driven opportunities in Russia
and the former Soviet Union, but is also able to invest
elsewhere in Eastern Europe and the Middle East. The portfolio
consists primarily of equity positions, but the fund also
undertakes a fair number of fixed-income trades.
Dashevsky has 19 years’ industry experience,
having begun as a trading assistant at Brown...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager