Global absolute return UCITS assets grow during volatile period
Thu Sep 22, 2011
During a period characterised by challenging and volatile
markets global assets in absolute return UCITS funds grew by
more than 151% to the end of June 2011.
Assets grew 151% to $115.7 billion at 30 June 2011 from $46.1
billion the same point the previous year. At the end of
December 2010 assets under manager were $90.5 billion (see
The first mid-year global asset survey by the Absolute UCITS
shows single manager assets under management have more
than trebled since HedgeFund Intelligence started to track
the number of absolute return funds using the UCITS wrapper in
2009 (see table below).
The sector is relatively young compared to the offshore hedge
fund industry and is roughly a quarter the size...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager