September slaughter: Highbridge, Kingdon, Maverick, Omega, Paulson, and York fall big
By Lawrence Delevingne
Fri Oct 7, 2011
But this year has been great for some, with Bridgewater up 25%.
The market volatility of August and September has turned
dramatic gains into painful losses at some of the
world’s largest and most respected hedge funds.
Notably, veteran currency trader Melissa Ko's Covepoint
Emerging Markets Macro Fund, which was up 20.20% through
August, fell an estimated 37.87% in September as the dollar
rose against several foreign currencies, bringing it down
25.32% for the year.
As with August, September challenged the industry with high
volatility and declining stock indices. The AR composite index
fell an estimated 1.49% during the month, putting it...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager