Dalton’s Charlton shines in hard markets over five years with Melchior European
Fri Oct 21, 2011
Fund has enjoyed an enviable track record through a period of exceptional volatility and challenge in European equity markets
Few funds in the European long/short equity space have managed
to steer their investors through the very difficult market
conditions this year better than Melchior European –
the $1 billion five-year-old strategy run by a team at
London-based Dalton Strategic Partnership led by former Goldman
Sachs and GLG man Leonard Charlton.
The fund is up by 10% this year to the end of September,
having made money in each of the past eight months of a torrid
year, and has just completed a very impressive five-year track
record through a period of exceptional volatility and challenge
in European equity markets.
Since launch in October 2006, Melchior European has
generated a total net return of 56.58% – against a
drop of 28.56% in the MSCI pan-European index – and an
annualised return of 9.5%, despite maintaining a low average
gross exposure of 107%.
Annualised volatility since inception has been...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager