Astellon exploits Germanic edge with a locally-seeded event-driven approach
Fri Oct 21, 2011
The launch of a new European event-driven fund targeting German-speaking countries is a rare and significant event in itself
For all its powerhouse prominence in the European and global
economies and the rich diversity of its industrial landscape,
Germany remains a relative backwater for hedge fund investing
– either for large multi-strategy and global
operations, or for more specialist firms.
This is particularly the case on the event-driven side,
where substantial cultural barriers and political hostilities
appear to remain for what are often seen in Germany as
short-termist and overly aggressive Anglo-Saxon investment
approaches – a view famously encapsulated by the
description some years back of hedge funds and private equity
groups as "locusts".
So the launch of a new European event-driven fund that is
specifically targeting German-speaking countries – and
which is backed with seed capital of some €200 million by
a group of German and Swiss entrepreneurs – is a rare
and fairly significant event in itself.
London-based Astellon Capital Partners, which launched this
month, is the creation...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
By registering you will receive
- A monthly newsletter on your specified areas of interest
- A fortnightly update on the sector
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager