Majedie-backed Javelin completes first year with novel market-neutral EM equity vehicle
Fri Oct 21, 2011
Seeder wanted an emerging markets hedge fund, but with lower volatility and without the long bias that many have
Javelin Capital, the London-based start-up led by emerging
markets veteran Victor Pina and backed by Majedie Investments,
has just reached the one-year mark with its unusual
market-neutral play on emerging market equities and is starting
to market the strategy to investors for the first time.
The firm’s Global Equity Strategies Fund has
managed to make a small positive gain in what has been a very
volatile and unpredictable 12-month period in equities
– to which emerging markets were far from immune.
The fund is up 0.55% since inception and has made 0.39% so
far this year, compared with a year-to-date loss of around 12%
for the EuroHedge Emerging Market Equity Index and a 20% loss
for the MSCI...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
By registering you will receive
- A monthly newsletter on your specified areas of interest
- A fortnightly update on the sector
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager