Cambridge Strategy eyes new frontier market-focused macro fund
Wed Oct 26, 2011
London-based Cambridge Strategy is looking to market a new
macro fund that replicates one of its more successful
strategies, the $64 million Apollo Absolute Return Strategy
Fund, but focusing this time solely on frontier markets around
the world instead of emerging markets more generally.
The new global fund, to be managed by the
group’s currency CIO Russell Thompson together
with senior portfolio managers Walid Khalfallah and Ali
Yigitbasiouglu, will invest in markets such as Vietnam, Sri
Lanka and Cambodia – which are not as developed as
emerging markets but could potentially offer stronger alpha
returns, albeit at a more elevated risk. The group aims to
launch the fund in the first quarter of 2012.
In an interview with AsiaHedge, the group’s
Hong Kong-based global CEO Peter Henricks says about a third of
the fund will be invested in...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager