Viking Global to close to new investments
By Lawrence Delevingne
Thu Nov 10, 2011
Allocating to short positions had become more difficult as the firm’s assets increased.
Andreas Halvorsen’s flagship long/short equity
fund, Viking Global Equities, is closing to new investments
because its ballooning size is impacting its traditional
investment strategy, according to people close to the firm.
(Photo: Matthew Staver/Bloomberg)
The fund managed $13.4 billion as of October 31, up 9.6% for
the year. Part of that...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager