Fund profile: Odey remains at the top despite slipping up in August
Mon Nov 14, 2011
Absolute UCITS editor Joy Dunbar speaks to James Hanbury from Odey Asset Management about his award-winning and deliberately volatile UK-focused fund
Odey Asset Management’s UCITS fund is one of
the best performing funds so far this year – despite
being one of the worst performing funds in August.
The institutional share class of the CF Odey UK Absolute
Return Fund was down 10.94% in August - a month defined by
dramatically declining equity markets as a result of fears that
the European sovereign debt would spread and the downgrading of
America’s triple-A credit rating.
James Hanbury from Odey Asset Management
The fund has returned more than 6% year-to-date to October
2011, and is the third best performing strategy in the Absolute
UCITS database and is up more than 50% since its launch in May
2009. The fund also won the top award for Fund of the Year at
the inaugural Absolute UCITS awards in June.
August 2011 was a 'perfect storm’, according to
James Hanbury, who runs the fund alongside Jamie...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
By registering you will receive
- A monthly newsletter on your specified areas of interest
- A fortnightly update on the sector
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager