Bridgewater, Renaissance take top honors at AR Awards
By Rob Copeland
Fri Nov 11, 2011
Ray Dalio’s Bridgewater won Management Firm of Year and Renaissance Institutional Equities Fund captured Fund of Year.
Ray Dalio’s Bridgewater Associates was
named Management Firm of the Year for the second consecutive
year at the seventh annual AR Awards, held at the Mandarin
Oriental in New York on Thursday to honor the U.S. hedge fund
industry’s top-performing managers.
Bridgewater’s Pure Alpha Trading fund
was named Global Macro Fund of the year.
The Renaissance Institutional Equities fund took
the coveted Fund of the Year prize. Other winners of the
seventeen awards handed out included York Capital Management
for long-term performance, Brevan Howard Asset Management for
its U.S.-focused Credit Catalysts fund, and Candlewood
Group’s structured credit fund for new fund of the
The winners were determined using an objective quantitative
analysis of returns and...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager