SAC, Renaissance veteran preps quant fund
By Lawrence Delevingne
Mon Nov 14, 2011
Andrew Mullhaupt, Paul Cargiulo and Charles Steele plan to launch Meadowood Capital in the first quarter.
The former co-head of SAC Capital Advisors’
systematic Meridien Fund, Andrew Mullhaupt, is joining with
banking veterans Paul Cargiulo and Charles Steele to launch
Meadowood Capital in the first quarter, according to people
familiar with their plans.
The firm hopes to launch with between $75 million and $150
million. Besides the three partners, the capital will initially
come from friends, family and family offices, but the Meadowood
executives, who declined to comment, are also in discussions
with seeders about a potential deal.
Meadowood will initially work out of offices at 712 Fifth
Avenue in Manhattan and is actively...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager