Fund profile: a global equity strategy that focuses on change
Mon Nov 28, 2011
Priyanthan Kodeeswaran from RWC Partners talks to Absolute UCITS editor about the strategies behind his long/short global equity fund.
Global equity funds have had a bad time of it this year. For
the year-to-date to the end of October 2011, most UCITS funds
using global equity strategies have experienced declines
– with figures from the Absolute UCITS database
showing that the strategy is down 7% overall through
Against such an unpromising backdrop the RWC Global Growth
Absolute Alpha Fund has returned 2.78% over the same period,
following a 3.5% return in October - comfortably outperforming
most of its global equity peers during a time when volatile
world market conditions have made life very difficult for most
managers in the sector.
Priyanthan Kodeeswaran (pictured), who joined London-based RWC
Partners last year from Cheyne Capital to launch the
UCITS-compliant fund, says the best alpha opportunities tend to
be found in companies and sectors where there is change.
He explains: "Our focus and model is based on
identifying change and we...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
By registering you will receive
- A monthly newsletter on your specified areas of interest
- A fortnightly update on the sector
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager