Skandia team leader explains UCITS allocation strategy
Thu Dec 8, 2011
In the first of a two part series, John Ventre from Skandia Investment Group, discusses how the SIG team gains alpha using absolute return UCITS funds.
Skandia Investment Group is one of the largest investors to
use absolute return funds which utilise the UCITS wrapper. The
London-based group currently invests about $388.5 million
(£250 million) in alternative UCITS funds primarily using
a manager-of-managers approach.
John Ventre is the lead portfolio manager for
SIG’s multi-asset funds. Before moving to Skandia
in 2007, he was involved with Alternative Investment
Strategies, the first fund of hedge funds listed on the London
John Ventre from Skandia Investment Group
The firm has been an early investor in many alternative UCITS
funds that are mainly unknown to retail investors including
Fulcrum Asset Management’s Alternative Beta Fund
Plus Fund and GLC’s statistical arbitrage fund
Gestalt. Last month it partnered with London-based hedge fund
manager Aspect Capital to launch a single-strategy fund.
Ventre says: "I have been an early investor in a number of
externally managed absolute return UCITS funds. I am happy
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager