Monsoon India fund insulates returns from market storm in 2011
Thu Jan 5, 2012
Dynamically adjusted net exposures ranging from 200% net
long to 200% net short combined with a zero correlation to the
Indian Nifty index insulated the Monsoon India Opportunity Fund
from most of the market’s losses in 2011.
The fund made a modest 0.18% gain in December, ending the
year down 3.65%, as compared to the significant fall in the
Nifty, which plunged over 24% in Indian rupee terms and 36% in
US dollar terms. The Monsoon fund had a good run in 2010
as well, being up 22.9%. It has returned...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager